It’s a sad, but very true fact, that the average motorist usually feels at a loss when trying to pick the right towing company to service their car (or truck or semi) when an emergency strikes while on the road. Towing in Flagstaff is no different than anywhere else. Whether it’s an accident, and you’re in need of a full-service tow, or simply a dead battery that only needs a jump, unless you’ve done your homework ahead of time on the best towing in Flagstaff, it could feel like a challenge to get it right.
Thank goodness for cell phones—especially smart ones—that now enable the motorist to do their own research on the spot! Here are some tips on how to proceed:
- First off, use word of mouth. Think of any friends and family that have had any recent Flagstaff towing experiences. Or even if you’re sure they haven’t, call them anyway—they might know someone else who has. And remember, a negative experience can be just as valuable as a positive, for it can steer you away from companies that are disreputable and unreliable.
- Second, go to Yelp or any other online recommendation service and see what companies pop up under “towing in Flagstaff.” Again, a negative review can be just as helpful as a positive.
- Third, check the Better Business Bureau. See if any towing prospects either have an A+ rating or are BBB accredited. See, as well, if they have had any complaints lodged against them in the last year or so and how they were resolved. If they were resolved amicably (often with the BBB’s “assistance,”) then that’s a positive. But if they weren’t—it might be safer and wiser to choose somebody else.
- Finally, pick a short list of high-quality prospects and call them up. Ask each Flagstaff towing company 1) what their fees are, 2) how far away will they tow you car, and 3) if you must pay up-front or if you can pay through your insurance company. You should also be clear on what kind of vehicle you have (subcompact, full-sized SUV, etc.), so the towing company can choose the best tow truck to match your particular need.
- Also, very important: Make sure whatever Flagstaff towing service you finally decide on is fully licensed and insured. This will help protect you from any unwanted surprises and guarantee if, God forbid, there are any problems that the company has the resources to meet a claim.
That’s it, you’re ready to go! And, of course, best of all would be do this homework ahead of time and already have a couple of Flagstaff towing companies saved in your cell phone.